On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 from 1:00-2:30 pm, the Commission on Youth at Risk is co-sponsoring, with the Commission on Disability Rights Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Center on Children and the Law, Center for Professional Development, Commission on Homelessness and Poverty, Commission on Law and Aging, Death Penalty Representation Project, Government and Public Sector Lawyers Division, Health Law Section, Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities, Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division, Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants a webinar on Adolescent Brain Science and Legal Culpability.
We must charge for the event, but we've been able to offer a $75 rate for all public interest lawyers. Profits will be equally divided between the two commissions.
In this program, our panel of experts will:
- Analyze Supreme Court case law
- Provide an overview of normal adolescent neurodevelopment
- Discuss opportunities for amenability to treatment and rehabilitation
- Robert Kinscherff, PhD, JD, Professor, William James College, and National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice, Newton, MA
- Marsha Levick, JD, Deputy Director and Chief Counsel, Juvenile Law Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Xavier McElrath-Bey, Youth Justice Advocate, Campaign for the Fair Sentencing of Youth & Co-founder of the Incarcerated Children's Advocacy Network, Washington, DC
- Jennifer Woolard, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Moderator: Hon. Jay Blitzman, Youth Justice Advocate, Massachusetts Juvenile Court, Middlesex Division, Boston, MA